Here's how we are helping shape our
printing industry today...
- Eliminated alcohol-based products
- Use vegetable-based, water-soluble washes for cleaning presses, which are free from VOC-producing petroleum solvents
- Use non-polluting wetting agents made of natural materials such as citric acid and gum arabic
- Eliminated paper cleaning supplies and replaced with reusable cloth wipes
- Use of color management practices and ink-key preset automation technology, which reduces press makeready times up to 70%, thus reducing paper waste and ink usage
- We use inks that are vegetable-based soy products)
- Solvents to reduce the amount of hazardous waste
- Paper waste generated during the printing process
- Wood products such as pallets and off-cuts
- Aluminum plates and cans
- Toner cartridges
WE UTILIZE RECYCLED PAPER
- Most paper stocks contain a percentage of pre-consumer and/or post-consumer waste
WE EMPLOY STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY
- Keep machinery well-maintained and in good working order to reduce waste and energy usage
- Use of computer-to-plate technology, eliminating printing products such as fixers that contain silver and other contaminants
- Automate wherever possible to reduce production time, energy consumption, and paper waste
- Manage inventory as Just-In-Time to reduce waste and overhead
- Minimize paper usage through electronic communications and billing
- Invest in more efficient equipment, resulting in faster setup and running speeds, ensuring more output per Kw of electricity used (our Ryobi 524 printing 4-color offset press consumes 50% less energy than older presses)
- All equipment is powered down each night to conserve energy during the night, and over weekends and holidays.
- Use of software to clean and certify mailing data, resulting in less returned or undeliverable mail, and less wasted paper and postage.
- Coach and educate our customers on "green printing"